Hello gorgeous readers
I am sure many of you can relate when I tell you that the eating habits of my little one is forever changing. Now at 14.5 months old, this has resulted in providing her with strictly healthy food to try lets try every thing mummy eats. Sound familiar?
Although I try to eat healthy all the time, let’s just say not all of what I eat is green and glorious. On my days off work we either head out to a nearby cafe and eat something off the menu which is fun or I whip up something fresh at home with whatever is in the fridge.
Since finger food is easy for her to eat independently I decided that for Friday, fritters it was and that way I can eat some too.
So whats in them?
Half small organic zucchini
Half small sweet potato
Half cup of grated cheddar cheese
1 cup of wholemeal flour
1 tablespoon of Rice bran oil
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of cumin
The Simple Instructions
1. Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and wisk until thoroughly beaten.
3. Add in cheese, flour, pepper and cumin and then mix all ingredients thoroughly together.
4. Heat up a non stick pan with some rice bran oil on high heat.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop the mix and tranfer it to the pan.
6. Let the fritters sit until golden brown then turn down the heat to low and flip the fritters so it cooks on the other side.
7. Once they are golden brown transfer the fritters to a paper towel prepared plate to soak up the oil
8. Serve warm.
The mixture will make betwen 15-20 fritters.
I am proud to say my little on loved it. Hubby would have liked some more seasoning which is easily done.
Enjoy and I hope this dish is as much of a big hit for your bubba as it was forine.
Thanks for reading this post and enjoy the rest of your weekend.