Easy Sweet Corn Soup
I make this soup almost weekly. It’s a delicious winter warmer and takes me approximately 15 minutes to whip up.
So whats in it?
2 x 400g tins of sweet corn kernals
2 x 400g tins of creamed corn
3 eggs (separate the egg whites)
1 level tablespoon of powdered vegetables stock (chicken stock is fine)
1.75 litres of boiled water
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 level tablespoon of tamari (soy sauce is fine)
Pepper to taste
Fresh parsley to garnish
The simple instructions
1. Boil your water in a kettle
2. While the water is boiling, finely chop up the garlic
3. Heat up the pot, add in olive oil and toss in the garlic. Lightly stir until brown and then add in your boiled water
4. Add in your stock, soy sauce and corn in the pot. Stir gently until ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
5. Turn down to medium heat and cover the pot with a lid and leave for 5 minutes.
6. Uncover the pot and whisk in your egg whites.
7. Scramble the egg yolks and add that in to the soup mixture. You will notice your soup begin to thicken
8. Add pepper to taste and cover for another 5 minutes.
Serve warm with some chopped up fresh parsley and enjoy.
That’s it. So simple and makes the perfect lazy dinner recipe.
Thanks and enjoy. Until next time.