Over the weekend, I made these super easy patties for my daughter and husband. As a vegetarian, I didn’t get to personally taste them, however I was told they were delicious!
So what’s in them?
400g of chicken mince
1 x medium sized zucchini
2 x eggs
1 x cup quinoa flakes
Pepper & cumin to season
The simple instructions
1. Wash and cut the ends off the zucchini, then begin to grate and place in a bowl
2. Add the chicken mince in with the grated zucchini and begin kneading the mixture with your hands. Beat the eggs and then add it to the mixture together with a sprinkle of pepper and cumin, then fold the mixture together using a fork
3. Place a tablespoon of the mixture into your hands, roll it into a ball, then flatten into medallion shaped patties, dip it into the quinoa flakes, then set aside. Repeat until mixture is finished
4. Place a pan
on high heat and add in a dash of olive oil
5. Add in the patties and then turn the heat on low. When the flakes are golden brown, flip it over to cook evenly on both sides. On low heat, the patties should stay on the pan for approximately 10 minutes on each side
6. Leave to cool and serve warm
I made 10 patties by using only half the mixture so depending on the size of your patties, you should be able to make approximately 20 patties.
And there you go. Until next time…thanks for reading xx