It has been a while since I’ve written in this section of my blog. I have so much to write about but I’ll keep it as short as possible and leave the rest for another day. If you are following me on Instagram, you will have noticed that I have been placing a lot of energy into healthier eating habits while inspiring others to do the same. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- bearing a child and then giving birth can turn your body to shit. I’m not talking about appearances either. I’m talking about within and it’s up to you to ensure you look after yourself and recover. I’ve tried to focus on my health before and literally gave up on it. FAIL.
However this time things have changed. I’m extremely motivated, conscious, mentally prepared and keen to cut down on processed foods while getting fit. So here’s what I’ve been up to.
1) Steering away from fashion, I invested in some magazines to get some inspiration and lucky for me there was an artical about veganism in the fitness mag. Although I’m a vegetarian, like the lady in this particular artical we hate to preach about fruits and vegies. It’s our chosen lifestyle, the benefits are visible and we feel good about it.
2) If there’s one thing I can’t kick it’s snacking on whatever is in the pantry from chips to chocolate. I’ve now always got healthy treats and a variety of chopped up raw fruits and vegies in the fridge. Problem solved.
3) Not sure why I thought I’d get away with it, but last year I turned into a chip eating monster. Every time I ate out I’d have a side of hot chips and glass of wine just because. These food items have been banished. At least until Summer is over and hopefully my body won’t crave for it anymore come Winter time.
4) Jars are great for layering different foods. Best of all you can see exactly what you’re digging in to. Most nights I’ll prepare the jars up with something wonderful and pop it in the fridge over night so theres something yummy to wake up to. Once more I could take it to work with me if I’m short for time in the mornings.
5) If I ain’t filling up jars, I’m blending up smoothies for the family. These taste as wicked as they look. Unfortunately I don’t have recipes for them as i tend to throw fruit in the blender however I found this link which has a good selection of recipes for you to choose from.
6) I’ve only read good things about going raw. Now, I to have decided to eat a portion (if not entirely) of all my meals raw. Takes some creativity but there also some fantastic recipes out there if you need a little inspiration. Website I enjoy looking at include:
As for the family, they don’t rely on a plant based diet and I do my best to ensure that they are satisfied with a variety of meals. Personally I don’t think it’s fair to push them into a lifestyle I’ve chosen as long as they respect it.
7) Exercise definitely helps. Eat well and exercise. There are no other fitness tricks in my book. The commitment I’ve made is 20 minutes of physical activity a day. Most of the time I’m going for walks and I even get the free weights out while I’m watching TV. Yep!
8) Finally, detox. Yesterday, I placed an order with Pressed Juices for the 3 day advanced cleanse so will let you know how it all goes!
Every now and then I will allow myself to indulge (encourage you to do the same), but for the most part I’m off to a good start. On occasion I will post my recipes up but where I don’t, links to similiar if not the exact ones will be provided.
In the meantime, remember that you are what you eat.
Catch you later and thank you for reading.
Connect with Mode Madison