So my girl Dez from The Style Bender recently nominated me for the Liebster award. Thanks hun and to all the readers, make sure you check her out because she’s awesome! Really, I love her personality and personal sense of style.
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
2. Answer the eleven questions the blogger gives you
3. Give eleven random facts about you, they can be anything!
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them
6. Give them eleven questions to answer
< NOW THE ANSWERS TO HER QUESTIONS >
What made you want to start blogging?
In 2013, I committed to not shopping for new clothes for an entire year and wanted to keep tabs on my journey. I found that blogging and showing the world all my outfits gave me the extra will power to see this commitment through. I enjoyed blogging so much that I decided to continue to do. The focus of my blog has changed however most of my fashion & style posts still see me in all things old which I’m very proud of.
What do you do when you are not blogging?
I work 4 days a week and have a 2 year old so there goes most of my time. Aside from that, although I don’t particularly enjoy cooking, it’s what I do and oddly enough I am pretty good at it. At least everyone that eats my food tells me so. I also love watching TV and when I do get a chance to catch up with my girlfriends it’s usually over high tea or dinner with a chick flick.
What are your thoughts on shopping high end brands versus low end brands?
I love the quality of high end brands and the price tag on low in brands. When I shop, it basically depends what I’m looking for. Am I looking for a fashion investment or can I just settle for something that’s cheap and fashionable like H&M? These days I tend to swerve towards thrifting and vintage pieces. It’s unique, versatile and eco and economical.
What is the best moment so far on the journey of your blog?
Every time, I connect with a blogger across the world, I feel a sense of happiness. I’m not sure what it is, but there’s something very special about developing friendships virtually.
Where/Whom do you pull most of your inspiration from?
I’m forever inspired by other bloggers and their personal sense of style. After blogging for a little over 12 months, I’ve developed an appreciation for peoples ability to experiment with fashion and it’s something that I’ve definitely done, especially over the past year. When it comes to celeb style, I’m loving Olivia Palermo, Kate Bosworth and yummy mummy Gwen Stefani.
Most expensive clothing item you’ve ever purchased.
This is a real crying shame but I have thousand dollar suits that just sit in my wardrobe. My workplace is business casual so suits are not required if that’s an excuse.
Most expensive beauty product you’ve ever purchased.
I love love love beauty products and always like to try the natural non-animal tested ones but they are hard to come by. When it comes down to it, I spend it on moisturisers. Jurlique skincare is a favourite but I also love brands including Clarins and Bobbi Brown.
Have you ever been to another country? If yes, describe your experience.
If there was anything I could do for a living, it would be travel so yes I’ve been fortunate enough to go to places in Asia, Europe & America. The flights are hideous but once I’m at my destination, I have a blast and there’s never a time where I’ve wanted to return home. Ever! The experience of travelling with and without kids is extremely different but I make the most of it either way.
What advice do you have to give for someone who is just started out on their blog
Blogging is an amazing way to reflect and express yourself no matter the topic. It’s also a huge confidence booster and you will be amazed by how many people all over the world you connect with. My only advice would be to not be discouraged by the small number of followers you begin with and keep going at it.
Favorite TV Show
At the moment, its the Vampire Diaries. Yep, I am a total sucker for Vamps.
You have to Kiss one, Marry one, Kill one: Tom Hiddleston, Ryan Gosling and Joseph Gordon Levitt
Really Dez! I’d do all 3 to Ryan. He’s just that kinda guy.
< 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME >
1. I met my best friend when I was 11 years old. I wasn’t very fond of her at first but grew to love her.
2. Shortly after I got married almost 5 years ago, I committed to become a vegetarian. I’ve never felt better and it’s honestly one of the best lifestyle changes I ever made.
3. I’m arachnophobic. Just thinking about spiders makes my skin crawl.
4. My daughter was named after a street in New York and the inspiration for my blog name comes from her name.
5. Royal blue is my favourite colour but the majority of what’s in my wardrobe is black because it’s much more versatile.
6. I have a tendency to spend money and not just on clothes.
7. My favourite past time is eating and watching television.
8. When I finished high school I wanted to become a flight attendant but lucky I didn’t pursue that career because I get terribly plane sick.
9. Theres just something about pizza that makes it the ultimate meal for me.
10. I have a soft spot for old houses and old furniture.
11. I have an e-boutique that I’m yet to launch but it’ll get there and I can’t wait.
< BLOGS I’VE NOMINATED > Unsure if you have less that 200 followers but I read you blog, hence the nominations.
Be Wolf Fashion
Girls Just Wanna Have
Meet Me in Paree
Milk N Honee
Mummy Fashion Blogger
Petite Glam Girl
The Fashion Stir Fry
Karma T. Dolma
Symphony of Silk
< MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU >
1. What would your ideal job be?
2. If there was anywhere in the world you could live, where would it be?
3. Do you have a favourite cocktail/mocktail?
4. Who is you absolute favourite fashion designer and why?
6. What’s the oldest item in your wardrobe and why can’t you let go of it
7. What’s your biggest aspiration in life?
8. Your preference. Short hair or long hair?
9. Can you play a musical instrument?
10. Whats your pet hate?
11. Who is your style icon?
I know thats quite a list but I really can’t wait to read all of your responses.
Thank you all and until next time keep smiling.
Much love, Sovanny xx
Connect with Mode Madison